Do you have any questions about gate times, stadium tours, or GABP tickets? What are the Cincinnati Reds Frequently Asked Questions?
We are thrilled to dive into the frequently asked questions about our beloved Cincinnati Reds in today’s session. Get ready to satisfy your curiosity and learn all there is to know without unnecessary delays!
Cincinnati Reds Frequently Asked Questions
Will Great American Ball Park host concerts and other live music?
- Get ready for an unforgettable summer as the iconic Reds venue will host not one but two major concerts! Mark your calendars for the incredible performances by for KING & Country on August 5 and Lady A on September 9. This venue has a history of attracting top-notch musical artists, with past acts including superstars like Flo Rida in 2017, Luke Bryan in 2018, and Motley Crue in 2022. Take advantage of experiencing these phenomenal shows at this renowned facility.
Can I have food or drinks on the field during post-game concerts?
- To ensure the safety of the baseball field and the leading artists, we request that event-day ticket holders refrain from bringing snacks or beverages onto the field.
Are there any best-reviewed hotels located next to Great American Ball Park?
- When avid fans of America’s national pastime visit the legendary Reds venue, they are spoiled for choice regarding hotel accommodations. While some hotels have received rave reviews, others may need to meet guest expectations. But fear not! We’ve covered you with an informative article highlighting the Top 3 Hotels near Great American Ball Park.
Where can I find the elevators at the Reds game?
- Elevators are conveniently located near the following sections for those who need them: 135 (1st Base), 127 (Home Plate), 121 (Home Plate), 110 (3rd Base), and 101 (Centerfield).
Can I tour Great American Ball Park?
- Experience a 75-90 Minute Stadium Tour during the regular season, rain or shine, provided by the franchise. You’ll have access to areas usually closed to fans on game day, such as the visiting team dugout, press box, warning track, Scouts Club, Home Plate Club, and The Handlebar premium restaurant. Plus, visit the Reds Hall of Fame Museum near the park. To purchase tickets for the classic stadium tour, click here. On Saturdays, the Reds also offer a 1919 Walking Tour, highlighting the history of baseball in Downtown Cincinnati. The walking experience typically begins at Graeter’s® Ice Cream at Fountain Square.
Is the Reds HOF Museum open on non-game days?
- The Team’s Hall of Fame is open to the public during baseball season on both game days and off days, from 10:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. It will close at 8:00 P.M. on night game days, but on day games, it will stay open for two hours after the match concludes. The museum is also available during the off-season from 10 A.M.-5 P.M., except on Sundays and Mondays when the Bengals play home games at Paycor Stadium.
- The museum offers several popular exhibits, including Stadium Models, HOF Plaques, Franchise Timeline, World Series Trophy Displays, and Broadcasting Desk Photo-Op. The Hall of Fame features many notable members of the team, such as C Johnny Bench, INF/OF Pete Rose, INF Tony Perez, Manager Sparky Anderson, RHP Tom Seaver, Announcer Marty Brennaman, OF Frank Robinson, SS Barry Larkin, and many others.
Is Great American Ball Park doing post-game fireworks this year?
- The baseball club will host post-game fireworks shows on select nights throughout the season. Please click here for the complete 2023 Cincinnati Reds Fireworks Shows list.
What is the bag policy for Reds MLB games?
- In order to promote a secure game day experience, fans are only allowed to bring specific types of bags into the stadium. These include (1) a bag that measures less than 16″ x 16″ x 8″, (2) a purse, (3) a medical emergency bag, and (4) a bag intended for baby items such as diapers and bottles. Please note that backpacks and suitcases are not permitted within the stadium.
What are some of the popular food options at Great American Ball Park?
- The stadium has a variety of delicious food options available for visitors, such as the Fry Box, Chili Cheese Dogs, Montgomery Inn® BBQ, Frisch’s® Burgers, and more. Please click on the provided link to view all of the concession stands at the ballpark. In 2023, the club introduced new menu items for fans to try, including the Redlegs Soft Serve and Cheeseburger Fry Box. For a complete list of the latest food offerings at Great American Ball Park in 2023, please follow the link provided.
Where can I buy tickets for a Cincinnati Reds game?
- If you want to purchase single-game tickets for Great American Ball Park, several options are available to locals and visitors:
- (1) You can visit the Great American Ball Park Box Office, which is open from 9:00 A.M. until the 7th inning for both day and night games. If there is no home game that day, the office hours are from 9:00 A.M. until 5:00 P.M.
- (2) Reds.com is another option, where you can find information about visiting clubs and that day’s theme night and group deals.
- (3) Third-party sites and apps such as SeatGeek, StubHub™, and Ticketmaster® can offer price discounts and suggest good seating options.
Where can I buy jerseys and other merchandise at Great American Ball Park?
- You can quickly locate the official team store next to the Team’s Hall of Fame Museum, conveniently situated near the Home Plate Entrance. There are other retail areas to explore, such as the Gameday Pro Shop in Left Field and the Forty Seven Brand store near 1st Base.
Do the Reds sell Vegetarian or Vegan food?
- If you are in Cincinnati and searching for plant-based snack options, you’re in for a treat! The stadium offers The Curve Ball Veggie Burger (Porkopolis, 117) and the Cheesy Pretzel Bites (Scouts Club). Furthermore, the team also provides Veggie Dogs that can be found on the 3rd Base (116) and 1st Base (132) sides of the venue. Please click here for more veggie-themed options at the facility.
Do infants/babies need a ticket to enter Great American Ball Park?
- Parents do not need to buy tickets for toddlers and babies who are three years old or younger. However, little ones must sit on their parent’s lap rather than in other nearby seats.
Are umbrellas allowed during a Reds game?
- During rainy weather and warm summer days at a Redlegs game, spectators can bring umbrellas. However, it is essential to note that umbrellas should be closed from the concourses or in gate opening lines.
What time do the gates open for Cincinnati Reds games?
- The baseball stadium will open 1.5 hours before the first pitch for all home games, except for Opening Day, which extends the timeframe to 2.0 hours before game time.
Does Great American Ball Park have any baby-changing stations?
- Mothers with infants and young children can easily find changing stations in every bathroom throughout the facility.
Are the Reds doing fan giveaways this year?
- During the current season, Cincy is offering freebies on select games. These giveaways include hats, jersey replicas, player bobbleheads, and shirts. Please click here for a complete guide to the 2023 Reds Stadium Giveaways.
Am I allowed to re-enter Great American Ball Park if I leave for some reason?
- Fans wishing to leave the ballpark and return must follow a few procedures:
- (1) This rule only applies to those visiting the Wings & Rings Machine Room and BetMGM Sportsbook, not getting something from their car.
- (2) They must head to either Section 403 Bleachers or Gapper’s Alley (Gate B in the 1st Base Concourse) to obtain a voucher. Please note that other gates will not allow re-entry.
- (3) To return to the stadium, fans must present their voucher and go through a metal-detector inspection, but they are not permitted to bring in any souvenirs or carry-ins.
How can I get involved with the Cincinnati Reds community outreach program?
- To support children’s sports and physical awareness through softball and baseball, consider donating to Reds Community Fund. This non-profit organization receives donations through auctions and 50/50 raffle tickets. Also, it offers volunteering opportunities at local events such as Reds Youth Academy and Split the Pot during home games. It’s important to note that financial relief is only provided to non-profit organizations in seven states, including Ohio and Kentucky.
Am I allowed to bring outside food & drinks to Great American Ball Park?
- Baseball enthusiasts can bring their own food and drinks to the game if their beverages are non-alcoholic and adequately sealed. Additionally, they can bring individually-sized clear food bags and soft-sided coolers.
Do the Reds sell parking passes?
- Fans of America’s favorite pastime can now purchase parking passes in advance thanks to the latest technological trend. Great American Ball Park provides a few public garage options based on availability: Central Riverfront (Near Home Plate Entrance), East (Close to Heritage Bank Center), and West. To view available dates and locations, follow this link.
Is The Handlebar Restaurant accessible for all fans or for suites ticket holders?
- To access the Level 300 experience located down the right field line, you must have purchased access passes or rail seats. The Handlebar boasts over a dozen flat-screen television sets and serves premium-style food and drinks. Moreover, the area features an outdoor patio that offers stunning views of the playing field.
Do the Reds have a Nursery Room? If so, then where is it at the ballpark?
- For moms who want to have a quiet time with their infants, there are two rooms available for them to rely on: the TriHealth® Nursing Suite (located on the View Level, accessible via the Handlebar Restaurant) and the Pampers® Nursing Suite (located on the Suite Level, near the Bally Sports Club).
Are there any theme nights or promotions happening at Great American Ball Park?
- Are you in search of thrilling theme days? Look no further, as the Redlegs have you covered this year! Make sure to mark your calendars for Hall of Fame Weekend in July, Bark in the Park Night in August, and Sesame Street® Day in September. For a complete list of the club’s promotional schedule, click this link.
Can I watch the Reds take batting practice?
- The home and visiting teams hold practices based on their schedules and weather conditions. It’s disappointing for fans, however, as they won’t be able to watch the entire Reds batting practice. This is because the home team usually finishes or leaves the field to prepare for the game before the gates open. As a result, fans are more likely to see the opposing team’s hitting exercises.
Has anyone on the team ever won the Manager of the Year Award?
- Jack McKeon won that honor during the 1999 season when he led the franchise to its first 90-win campaign since 1992. As of today, he remains the only Reds skipper to have ever won the National League Manager of the Year award.
Has a Reds pitcher ever thrown a no-hitter in franchise history?
- In 2021, the Cincinnati team’s left-handed pitcher, Wade Miley, threw a no-hitter against Cleveland. Other notable no-hitters in the past were thrown by right-handed pitcher Homer Bailey against the Pirates in 2012 and the Giants in 2013, Tom Browning’s perfect game against the Dodgers in 1988, and Tom Seaver’s no-hitter against the Cardinals in 1978.
Who is the current manager for the Cincinnati Reds?
- In 2019, David Bell took over as the manager for Cincy after the club decided not to give Jim Riggleman a new contract. Prior skippers for the Reds include Bryan Price (2014-2018) and Dusty Baker (2008-2013).
What is the official seating capacity for Great American Ball Park?
- The stadium for the Reds baseball team has a seating capacity of at least 42,000, which is one of the highest in the big leagues. Along with general seating, the Redlegs ballpark has premium seating options, such as the Scouts Club (Level 100), Diamond Home Plate Club (Level 100), and Bleacher Seats (Level 400).
Thanks for reading the Cincinnati Reds Frequently Asked Questions! We hope this article helped! Please feel free to bookmark Sports-Teller.com for daily updates! You can also share and follow Sports Teller on your favorite social media platforms!