2027 MLB All-Star Game Host Candidates! Which Cities Could Host the 2027 MLB ASG? Which Ballpark is Likely to Host the 2027 Game?
Today, we will discuss the 2027 MLB All-Star Game Host Candidates! Before we can get into 2027, we must showcase the recent and upcoming All-Star Games for Major League Baseball! Without further adieu, let’s begin!
2027 MLB All-Star Game Host Candidates
Now that the MLB community knows the next three All-Star Games, now is the time to look forward to 2027!
2023: The 2023 Mid-Summer Classic occurred at T-Mobile Park in Seattle, Washington. The Mariners hosted the event for only the third time and second at T-Mobile Park (1st since 2001 as Safeco Field). Seattle became the first American League team to host the Mid-Summer Classic since Cleveland in 2019.
2024: The 2024 All-Star Game will be played at Globe Life Field in Arlington, Texas. The Rangers will host the event for the first time since 1995 when their former stadium was called The Ballpark in Arlington. Also, the Midsummer Classic will occur in the Lonestar State for the first time since 2004 in Houston.
2026: To celebrate America’s 250th Anniversary of the Declaration of Independence, the city of Philadelphia will host the 2026 All-Star Game at Citizens Bank Park. The Phillies will host the game for the first time since 1996 when they played at Veterans Stadium.
Now, let’s talk about which cities would be eligible for the 2027 game. Even though it’s approximately three years from now, it’s never too early to discuss the candidates for the future event. Some cities have already placed bids for the 2027 game! For the 2027 MLB All-Star Game Host Candidates, please refer to the information below:
2027 MLB All-Star Game Host Candidates:
Possibly in the Mix for the 2027 Mid-Summer Classic
Boston, Massachusetts (Fenway Park)
- Justin Leger (Yahoo Sports) said Red Sox Team President Sam Kennedy expressed interest in bringing a future All-Star Game to Fenway Park. Kennedy said the club has spoken with the MLB about the possibility of hosting. If Boston lands the 2027 game, the city will showcase the sport’s biggest stars for the first time since 1999. In fact, the iconic stadium began to host a college football contest called the Fenway Bowl every winter. However, the Red Sox’s chances of hosting the event in 2027 will depend on whether the construction projects surrounding Fenway Park get finished by then. The neighborhood will receive upgrades to Jersey Street and the addition of office spaces and retail stores/restaurants.
Bronx, New York (New Yankee Stadium)
- The New Yankee Stadium opened its doors to baseball fans in 2009, and the Yankees won a World Championship that same year. The last time the Yankees hosted the Mid-summer Classic was in 2008, when the team was playing its final season at the Old Yankee Stadium (1923-2008).
- If the New Yankee Stadium gets the 2027 MLB All-Star Game, then the Mid-Summer Classic would take place at the Yankees’ current home for the first time ever. The New Yankee Stadium has hosted multiple sporting events, including one World Series, five American League Championship Series, and eight playoff appearances. The venue is also the home of Major League Soccer’s New York City FC.
Baltimore, Maryland (Camden Yards)
- According to Jacob Steinberg (Pressbox.com), Baltimore Mayer Brandon Scott has expressed interest in the Orioles hosting a future All-Star Game. Scott said the Mid-Summer Classic would be unique at Camden Yards due to Home Run Derby balls potentially landing on the Right Field Warehouse Building.
- If the Orioles get the 2027 MLB All-Star Game, the team will host the event for the first time since 1992. Since 2010, Baltimore has witnessed some major sporting events. In 2012, the Ravens won the Super Bowl when they defeated the 49ers in New Orleans. Also, the Orioles reached the playoffs three times since 2010 (including the 2014 American League Championship Series).
Front-Runners to Host 2027 MLB All-Star Game
Chicago, Illinois (Wrigley Field)
- According to the Chicago Tribune, the Cubs hope the league awards them the game as soon as renovations are complete. Per a report from the Chicago Sun-Times, 2027 would be the most likely year the Friendly Confines host a future mid-season event. Wrigley Field recently underwent a multi-year renovation, including new video boards, concourses, and locker rooms.
- If the Cubs get the 2027 game, they will host the event for the first time since 1990. In fact, the Mid-Summer Classic would come to Chicago for the first time since 2003 at U.S. Cellular Field. Chicago recently hosted the 2017 MLS All-Star Game and the NHL Draft in the same year.
Toronto, Ontario (Rogers Centre)
- According to Bob Nightingale (USA Today), Rogers Centre is currently in the running to host a future Midsummer Classic. The retractable roof venue recently underwent a remodeling project that saw upgraded bullpens and new social spaces in the 500 level. In fact, the Canadian ballpark will add new seats for the 100 level and a new home plate club that will be completed in time for Opening Day 2024.
- If Toronto does earn the hosting gig in 2027, then the Blue Jays would host the All-Star Game for the first time since 1991, when the ballpark was known as the SkyDome. Over the past ten years, Toronto has hosted many exciting sporting events. For instance, Scotiabank Arena hosted the 2019 NBA Finals, where the Raptors won their first championship in franchise history. In addition, that arena will be the site for the 2024 NHL All-Star Game.
Thanks for reading the 2027 MLB All-Star Game Host Candidate! We hope this article helped! Please feel free to bookmark Sports-Teller.com for daily updates! You can also share and follow Sports Teller on your favorite social media platforms!