2025 NHL All-Star Game Host Candidates! Which Cities Could Host the 2025 NHL All-Star Game? Which Arena is Likely to Host the 2025 Game?
Hello Everyone! Welcome to Sports Teller! Today, we will be going over the 2025 NHL All-Star Game Host Candidates! Before we can get into 2025, we must showcase the upcoming All-Star Games for the National Hockey League! Without further adieu, let’s begin!
2025 NHL All Star Game Host Candidates
Now that the NHL community knows the upcoming All-Star Game, now is the time to look forward to 2025! But first, let’s showcase the next All-Star Game as well as the most recent ones.
2020: The 2020 NHL All-Star Game occurred at the Enterprise Center in St. Louis, Missouri. It will be the third time that St. Louis hosted the All-Star Weekend and the first time since 1988.
2022: The Vegas Golden Knights hosted the 2022 NHL All-Star Weekend at T-Mobile Arena. Vegas got to host the mid-season classic for the first time ever. Over the past couple years, Las Vegas has seen an increase in sports teams coming to Sin City: Raiders of the NFL and Aces of the WNBA.
2023: FLA Live Arena, home of the Florida Panthers, will serve as the main tenant for the upcoming 2023 NHL All-Star Game. The Panthers were supposed to host the 2021 mid-season event at the then-BB&T Center (Sunrise, Florida). However, the game was postponed due to the global health crisis. The Panthers will host a future All-Star Game for the first time since 2003 when the arena was known as the Office Depot Center. In fact, the mid-season classic will take place in the Sunshine State for the first time since 2018 at Amalie Arena in Tampa.
2024: According to multiple reports, the Toronto Maple Leafs will host the 2024 edition. Toronto will host the event for the first time since 2000 when the venue was known as the Air Canada Centre. In addition, Canada will get a mid-season classic for the first time since 2012 in Ottawa, Ontario.
Now, let’s talk about which cities would be eligible for the 2025 game. Even though it’s approximately two years from now, it’s never too early to discuss the candidates for the future event. Fortunately, some cities might have already placed bids for the 2025 game! For the 2025 NHL All-Star Game Host Candidates, please refer to the information below:
2025 NHL All-Star Game Host Candidates:
New Arenas/Teams Possibly in the Mix
Seattle, Washington (Climate Pledge Arena)
- When the Emerald City was awarded the NHL expansion franchise, the NHL vowed that Seattle would host a future All-Star Game by 2027. The Seattle Kraken will make their debut during the 2021-2022 NHL Season.
- If Seattle earns the 2025 game, then the mid-season hockey event would head to the Emerald City for the first time ever. However, there’s a chance that Seattle might not get the 2025 gig due to the Seattle Mariners hosting the 2023 MLB All-Star Game at T-Mobile Park. Recently, the Mariners ballpark will serve as the home of the 2024 NHL Winter Classic (Kraken vs. Golden Knights). With the two new major hockey events coming to the Emerald City, it appears likely that the Kraken can host the mid-season event between 2025 and 2027. Over the past several years, Seattle has witnessed some major sporting events. The Seahawks won the Super Bowl during the 2013 season, while the city hosted the 2017 WNBA All-Star Game.
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (Rogers Place)
- One of the newest arenas in the NHL, Rogers Place would be a good candidate to host a future All-Star Weekend. If the Oilers receive the 2025 NHL All-Star Game, then they would host it for the first time since 1989 at Rexall Place. Rogers Place served as the neutral site for the 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs due to the global health crisis.
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada (Canada Life Centre)
- As of 2017, Winnipeg is the only Canadian NHL city that has yet to host an All-Star Weekend. The presence of hockey in Winnipeg rejuvenated when the Atlanta Thrashers relocated to Manitoba in 2011. If Winnipeg earns the 2025 hosting gig, then the entire NHL community would really see the Jets’ return to Winnipeg. The original franchise relocated to Phoenix to become the Arizona Coyotes in the mid-1990’s. Even though the extremely cold weather in Winnipeg could pose a problem, the city had a strong fan turnout during the Jets’ run to the Western Conference Finals in 2018.
Candidates Strongly in the Mix
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (Wells Fargo Center)
- With the 250th anniversary of America’s Declaration of Independence (1776) coming up, there’s a possibility that the Flyers could host an All-Star game in the near future. In addition, Wells Fargo Center underwent renovations in 2018 that saw changes in concessions, seating opportunities, and social spaces. If Philadelphia lands the 2025 NHL All-Star Game, then the City of Brotherly Love will host the mid-season event for the first time since 1992. However, according to NBC Sports Philadelphia, one of the team’s executives could see the league having the city host the All-Star Game as part of the USA’s 250th Anniversary in 2026. Speaking of 2026, the Phillies will be hosting the 2026 MLB All-Star Game that same year at Citizens Bank Park.
Washington D.C. (Capital One Arena)
- Capital One Arena recently underwent major renovations in 2018, such as a new jumbotron, updated concourses & seating options. Also, the Washington Capitals are one of the most recognized teams in the NHL along with Alex Ovechkin and Nicklas Backstrom. Other than winning the Stanley Cup (2018), the nation’s capital has not hosted the NHL All-Star Game in quite a while. The 2018 MLB All-Star Game took place at Nationals Park, where the 2015 Winter Classic also occurred. If the Capitals host the game in 2025, then the mid-season event would take place in the Washington D.C. area for the first time since 1982.
Front-Runners to Host 2025 NHL All Star Game
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (PPG Paints Arena)
- According to The Athletic, the Penguins have expressed interest in hosting a future All-Star Game. Over the past decade or so, Pittsburgh has witnessed some amazing hockey-related moments, from back-to-back Stanley Cups (2016 & 2017) to participating in outdoor events (2011 Winter Classic, 2017 Stadium Series, 2023 Winter Classic). If the Pens do get the 2025 NHL All-Star Game, then they will host the event for the first time since 1990 at Civic Arena (The Igloo). In other words, PPG Paints Arena has never hosted the All-Star Game since its opening in 2010.
Anaheim, California (Honda Center)
- Via The Orange County Register, the Ducks placed a bid to have a mid-season classic in Anaheim sometime in the 2020’s decade. In fact, League Commissioner Gary Bettman stated that it’s possible that the Anaheim Ducks could host an All-Star Game at some point in the future. Recently, the Honda Center will be getting a new mixed-use entertainment district (ocV!BE) with the first phase completed in 2024. The plans include a new entry for the arena, more hotels and restaurants, additional parking garages, and office spaces. The entire project will be finished in time for the 2028 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.
- Even though Los Angeles and San Jose hosted previous games, Anaheim is the only California NHL team that has yet to host an All-Star Game. In fact, Anaheim played in the West Finals in two of the past three seasons (2015 and 2017) and won the 2007 Stanley Cup. If Anaheim hosts the 2025 NHL All-Star Game, then it would be the first time that the NHL event takes place in Southern California since Los Angeles in 2017.
Detroit, Michigan (Little Caesar’s Arena)
- In early 2017, NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman said during a radio interview with 97.1 The Ticket show Stoney and Jamie that Detroit would host an upcoming All-Star Game. The commissioner also stated that Little Caesar’s Arena would host the game once surrounding construction projects around District Detroit are completed.
- The Red Wings, along with the Pistons, opened their new home (Little Caesar’s Arena) in time for the upcoming 2017-2018 season. In fact, the Pistons reportedly placed bids to host either the 2020 or 2021 NBA All-Star Game in downtown Detroit. The Motown City hosted the 2012 World Series along with the 2018 March Madness games. If Detroit lands the 2025 event, then the game would take place in Detroit for the first time since 1980.