What will the Penguins Get in Return from the Matt Murray Deal? Penguins Trade G Matt Murray to Senators in Multi-Player Deal!
Hello Everyone! Welcome to Sports Teller! Today, we will be going over the Penguins Trade G Matt Murray to Sens in Multi-Player Deal! In fact, we will be going over the career profile for the players involved in the trade. Without further adieu, let’s begin!
Penguins Trade G Matt Murray to Sens in Multi-Player Deal
Matt Murray, 2-Time Stanley Cup Champion, Traded to Senators in Multi-Player Deal
Just less than 24 hours after the 2020 NHL Player Draft took place, it appears that one lucky team will be getting a star goaltender. The Ottawa Senators announced on Wednesday that the team has acquired Goalie Matt Murray from the Pittsburgh Penguins. Ottawa will send the following to Pittsburgh as part of the deal: Forward Jonathan Gruden (not to be confused with Las Vegas Raiders-NFL Head Coach Jon Gruden) and a 2nd round selection (52nd overall) in the 2020 NHL Draft. The Senators recently unveiled new team logos and uniforms for the upcoming 2020-2021 NHL Season.
After the 2020 NHL Playoffs concluded, Ottawa decided to part ways with franchise goaltender Craig Anderson after ten season with the club. Anderson guided the Senators to four playoff appearances, including the 2017 Eastern Conference Finals. Meanwhile, the Penguins signed Goalie Tristan Jarry to a three-year deal. With that signing, this pretty much put Matt Murray’s future with Pittsburgh in doubt. Murray will leave the penguins with two Stanley Cup Championships (2016 & 2017) and five playoff appearances.
The Players Involved in the Post-Draft Trade
- 83rd Overall Pick (3rd Round) by Pittsburgh in the 2012 NHL Draft
- Won 2 Stanley Cup Championships (2016 & 2017)
- 5 Playoff Appearances (2016-2020)
- Named to NHL’s All-Rookie Team During the 2016-2017 Season
- 117-53-19 Overall Record
- 11 Shutouts
- 2.67 Goals Allowed Average
- 0.914 Save Percentage
- 29-21 Playoff Record
- 5 Postseason Shutouts
- 2.18 Playoff Goals Allowed Average
- 0.921 Postseason Save Percentage
- 95th Overall Pick (4th Round) by Ottawa in the 2018 NHL Draft
- Played for U.S. National Team (2016-2020), Miami-Ohio University (2018-2019) and London Knights (2019-2020)
- Scored 30 Goals and 36 Assists (66 Points with +20 Rating) with London in 2019-2020
- 67 Goals & 87 Assists (154 Points) Since Career Began in 2016
Thanks for reading Penguins Trade G Matt Murray to Sens in Multi-Player Deal courtesy of Sports Teller! Please feel free to look at the other posts that cover various sports to choose from on sports-teller.com! If you like this post, please feel free to subscribe to the Sports Teller website for daily/weekly post updates! You can also follow Sports Teller on Twitter and Facebook! Please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for videos about the up-to-date sports news! Sports Teller-Tell it Like it is!