Which Teams Might Host the 2025 NFL Draft? Which NFL City is Likely to Host the 2025 Draft? 2025 NFL Draft Host City Candidates!
Hello Everyone! Welcome to Sports Teller! Today, we will be going over the 2025 NFL Draft Host Candidates! Before we can get into 2025, we must showcase the upcoming and recent player drafts for the National Football League! Without further adieu, let’s begin!
List of 2025 NFL Draft Host City Candidates
Now that the football community knows the upcoming player draft, now is the time to look forward to 2025! But first, let’s showcase the next selection event as well as the most recent ones.
Upcoming & Recent NFL Player Drafts
2021: Cleveland, Ohio hosted the 2021 event at the then-FirstEnergy Stadium, home of the Browns. It was the first in-person league player festivities to take place since the global health crisis began a year earlier. Notable picks include QB Trevor Lawrence (Jaguars), WR Ja’Marr Chase (Bengals), and QB Zach Wilson (Jets).
2022: Las Vegas, Nevada got to serve as the main venue for the 2022 Draft, just a couple years after the Oakland Raiders relocated to the Sin City. The selections happened at Caesars Forum, which is located on the Vegas Strip not far from the Flamingo® Las Vegas Hotel. Notable picks include DE Aidan Hutchinson (Lions), WR Chris Olave (Saints), and QB Kenny Pickett (Steelers).
2023: Kansas City, Missouri will host the once-a-year event for the first time in the city’s history. The festivities will take place at Union Station, which is located in the downtown area & about a 20-25 minute drive from Arrowhead Stadium (home of the defending Super Bowl Champion Chiefs).
2024: Detroit, Michigan will get its first taste of the NFL Draft and will occur at two downtown staples: Hart Plaza and Campus Martius Park. Both areas are at least a five-minute drive from Ford Field, home of the Detroit Lions. Motown also hosted the Super Bowl in early 2006, where the Steelers defeated the Seahawks 21-10.
Now, let’s talk about which cities would be eligible for the 2025 event. Even though it’s approximately two years from now, it’s never too early to discuss the candidates for the future extravaganza. Fortunately, some cities might have already placed bids for the 2025 event! For the 2025 NFL Draft Host City Candidates, please refer to the information below:
2025 NFL Draft Host City Candidates:
New League Cities Possibly in the Mix
- Tampa Bay has become one of the south’s most successful sports cities in recent years. Not only did the Buccaneers end their 13-year playoff drought during the 2020 season, but they signed QB Tom Brady and won the Super Bowl on their home turf (Raymond James Stadium) that campaign. The city’s other notable championships include the Lightning’s back-to-back Stanley Cup titles (2020 & 2021) and the Rays’ American League Pennant in 2020. Since the late 2000’s, the Buccaneers venue hosted two Super Bowls (2009, 2021) and the 2017 National Championship Game (Clemson defeated Alabama). If Tampa ends up with the 2025 NFL Draft, then likely location scenarios include the Tampa Convention Center and the Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park (where a temporary stage would be built).
- Steelers President Art Rooney revealed in 2022 that the team planned to have the Steel City bid to host a possible player draft as soon as 2026. Since the 2010 season, Pittsburgh went to the playoffs eight times as well as a Super Bowl berth in early 2011 (lost to Packers). Also, the Steelers appeared in the 2017 AFC Championship Game (lost vs. Patriots). If the Steel City earns the 2025 event, then the festivities would probably happen at David L. Lawrence Convention Center in downtown. The Steelers are not the only local team to place a bid for a future sporting event as the Penguins are reportedly interested in hosting an NHL All-Star Game no later than 2030.
- According to Ryan O’Halloran of The Florida Times-Union, the Jaguars have been attempting to bid for the player selection show since 2017. Ultimately, those locations took place in new cities like Philadelphia, Nashville, Las Vegas, Cleveland, and Kansas City. Also to keep in mind that the Sunshine State has yet to host an NFL Draft. That being said, Jacksonville served as the venue for the 2004 season’s Super Bowl (where the Patriots defeated the Eagles). If the Jaguars get the 2025 draft, then the most likely location would be Daily’s Place adjacent to TIAA Bank Field (which seats at least 5,000 fans).
Candidates Strongly in the Mix
- Even though Southern California recently served as the venue for the 2021 season’s Super Bowl, the Rams/Chargers are looking to host other league-based events in the future. According to Dan Graziano of ESPN, L.A. expressed interest in the 2023 NFL Combine. However, that festivity eventually went to Indianapolis, Indiana (home of the Colts). Recently, Rams Chief Operating Officer Kevin Demoff announced that the team wants to host another Super Bowl during the 2026 campaign. With those past attempts to bid for potential league events, it wouldn’t be a surprise if SoCal plans to pursue a future NFL Draft.
- Los Angeles has shown to become perhaps the most popular sports city in the west coast. Over the past five years, Hollywood has witnessed several major championships being won by their local teams: Lakers (2020 NBA Finals), Dodgers (2020 World Series), Rams (2022 Super Bowl), and Los ANgeles FC (2022 MLS Cup). If L.A. wins the 2025 player selections show, then the festivities would be held either at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood or Dolby Theater in Downtown Los Angeles.
- Julie Calvert, Visit Cincy’s Chief Executive Officer, requested the league to consider Cincinnati as a potential candidate for future drafts. The Queen City is aiming to host the player selections show no later than 2029. The Bengals are one of the hottest clubs in the NFL as they reached the Super Bowl in early 2022 as well as back-to-back AFC Championship Game appearances (2022 & 2023). If Cincinnati lands the 2025 draft, then possible locations would be either at the Duke Energy Convention Center or Small Riverfront Park near Paycom Stadium (where a temporary stage would be built).
Front-Runners to Host 2025 NFL Draft
- Denver Business Journal Writer Ed Sealover reported that the Broncos were placing a bid to host the NFL Draft as soon as 2025. The Broncos won their third Super Bowl during the 2015 season when the squad led by Peyton Manning and Von Miller defeated the Carolina Panthers. If the Mile High City was awarded the 2025 NFL Draft, then the most likely venue would be the Bellco Theatre at the Colorado Convention Center. The Broncos’ home turf, Empower Field at Mile High, is about a 10-minute drive from the theater.
- Jason Lieser of The Palm Beach Post revealed that the Dolphins have been trying to get the player selections event to South Florida since 2019. However, that year’s show eventually went to Nashville for the league’s first ever draft in the south. Miami would be a great option to host the future college prospects festivities because it hosted so many major sporting games in recent years. Notable examples include the Super Bowl in early 2020 (Chiefs defeated 49ers) and the National Championship Game in early 2021 (Alabama defeated Ohio State). If Miami received the 2025 nod, then the draft would probably occur at the Miami Beach Convention Center
Green Bay, Wisconsin
- According to Daniel Kaplan (The Athletic), the Packers placed a bid to host either the 2025 for 2027 player drafts. Green Bay has played in major football events over the past 15 years, like winning the Super Bowl in early 2011 as well as five NFC Championship Games (2010, 2014, 2016, 2019, 2020). If the Packers get the 2025 NFL Draft, the event would take place at Titletown District adjacent to Lambeau Field. Meanwhile, the actual selection show would be held at the Resch Center Complex.