What will the Hawks Get in Return from the Rajon Rondo Trade? Who Else is Involved in the Rajon Rondo Trade? Who’s Getting Draft Picks?
Hello Everyone! Welcome to Sports Teller! Today, we will be going over the Hawks Send Rajon Rondo to Clippers in Multi-Player Deal. In fact, we will be going over the career profiles for each of the players involved in the trade. Without further adieu, let’s begin!
Hawks Send Rajon Rondo to Clippers in Multi-Player Deal
Rajon Rondo, 4-Time All-Star, Traded to Clippers in Multi-Player Deal
Just hours before the 2021 NBA Trade Deadline was set to expire, it appears that one lucky team will be getting a star player. ESPN NBA Insiders Adrian Wojnarowski first reported that the Atlanta Hawks have traded PG Rajon Rondo to the Los Angeles Clippers as part of a Multi-Player Deal.
The reporter also said that Atlanta received the following in return: G Lou Williams, Cash Considerations, and Two Upcoming 2nd Round Draft Picks. Rajon Rondo will join forces with Kawhi Leonard and Paul George to lead the Clippers to become one of the top teams in the Western Conference.
Why Did the Hawks Trade Rajon Rondo?
The Hawks decided to trade Rajon Rondo due to the player’s pending free agency. Rondo will become a free agent in the Summer of 2022. Therefore, Atlanta thought it would be best to trade Rondo to get something in return rather than losing him for nothing via free agency. Meanwhile, the Hawks have currently in 6th place in the Eastern Conference Playoff Standings with 23-23 as of March 29, 2021.
What Was His Tenure with Atlanta Like?
Rondo came to Atlanta in 2020 after spending the last two seasons with the Los Angeles Lakers. He had just won his second NBA Championship with the Lakers in 2020. For his 2020-2021 season with Atlanta, Rajon Rondo played in 25 games off the bench and scored 3.9 points per game as well as 2.0 rebounds per game and 3.5 assists per game.
The Players Involved in the 2021 Blockbuster Trade
Los Angeles Receives: 1 Player
- 21st overall pick by Suns (out of Kentucky) in the 2006 Draft
- Traded to the Celtics Shortly After Draft
- Made NBA Debut for Boston in 2006
- Played for Celtics (2006-2014), Mavericks (2014-2015)…
- …Kings (2015-2016), Bulls (2016-2017), Pelicans (2017-2018)…
- …Lakers (2018-2020), and Hawks (2020-2021)
- Won 2 NBA Championships (2008 and 2020)
- 4-Time NBA All-Star
- 9 Playoff Appearances: 2008-2012, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2020
- Led the Celtics to 2012 Eastern Conference Finals
- Also Guided Boston to 2010 NBA Finals
- 10.0 PPG
- 4.7 RPG
- 8.1 APG
Atlanta Receives: 1 Player, Cash & 2 Draft Picks
- 45th Overall Pick by 76ers (out of High School) in the 2005 Draft
- Made NBA Debut for Philadelphia in 2005
- Played for 76ers (2005-2012), Hawks (2012-2014), Raptors (2014-2015)…
- …Lakers (2015-2017), Rockets (2017), and Clippers (2017-2021)
- 3-Time 6th Man of the Year Winner
- 9 Playoff Appearances: 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2020
- 14.4 PPG
- 2.3 RPG
- 3.5 ASG
Future 2nd Round Pick
Future 2nd Round Selection
Thanks for reading Hawks Send Rajon Rondo to Clippers in Multi-Player Deal courtesy of Sports Teller! Please feel free to look at the other posts that cover various sports to choose from on sports-teller.com! If you like this post, please feel free to subscribe to the Sports Teller website for daily/weekly post updates! You can also follow Sports Teller on Twitter and Facebook! Please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for videos about the up-to-date sports news! Sports Teller-Tell it Like it is!