Which of the 8 Celebrities & Actors Actually Root for Tulane Green Wave? Which Celebrities Watch Tulane Football Every Fall?
Hello Everyone! Welcome to Sports Teller! Today, we will be going over the 8 Celebrities that Root for Tulane Green Wave! In fact, we will be showcasing each famous person’s connection with the school itself. Without further adieu, let’s begin!
8 Celebrities that Root for Tulane Green Wave
Why do Celebrities Support the Tulane Football Team?
The Tulane University (New Orleans, LA) Green Wave are one of the most popular college teams in America. During the 2022 season, the men from NOLA won their first AAC Conference championship as well as the 2023 Cotton Bowl title vs. USC. Since 2010, Tulane has appeared in five bowl games (3-2 in that span). Also, the Green Wave have one of the youngest football venues in the Big Easy (Yulman Stadium in 2014).
Another thing to point out is that the school has never had a Heisman Trophy winner in program history. Now, many people are wondering: Which celebrities and famous persons are a part of the Tulane Football Nation? For the List of Celebrities that Root for Tulane Green Wave, please refer to the information below!
Matt Forte (Football)
- Profile: Running Back for Chicago Bears & New York Jets (2008-2017)
- Connection: The 2-Time Pro-Bowler spent four seasons with the Green Wave (2004-2007). However, Forte was unable to guide Tulane to any bowl appearances nor winning records during his time in NOLA. For his collegiate career, he rushed for 4,265 yards and scored 44 total touchdowns.
Cairo Santos (Football)
- Profile: Kicker for Chiefs, Bears, Buccaneers & Titans (2014-Present)
- Connection: The Brazil-native played four campaigns for Tulane and led them to the 2013 New Orleans Bowl. By the way, that was the only highlight for Santos at Tulane because the team failed to achieve winning seasons from 2010 until 2012. During his time in Louisiana, he went 129-132 in extra point attempts and 61-78 in field goals.
Brandon Gomes (Baseball)
- Profile: General Manager for Dodgers (2022-Present) & Relief Pitcher for Rays (2011-2015)
- Connection: The top executive for LAD spent four seasons with the Tulane baseball program (2003-2007). Despite an injury that cut his 2004 campaign short, Gomes led the Green Wave to the College World Series a year later. The former reliever also guided Tulane to the 2005 C-USA Tournament championship. For his college career, Gomes compiled a 24-15 record with 4.63 earned run average and 276 strikeouts.
Celebrities (Movies, Music, Books, Shows)
Newt Gingrich (Politician)
- Profile: U.S. House Speaker (1995-1999) and Presidential Candidate in 2012
- Connection: Gingrich received his Master’s Degree in European History during the late 1960’s. In 2016, he spoke in front of graduating students during Tulane’s commencement ceremony. Also, he earned his PhD in Europe History in the early 1970’s.
Anthony Jeselnik (Comedian)
- Profile: TV Comedian Best Known for “Comedy Central Roast” and “Last Comic Standing.”
- Connection: Jeselnik pursued a Business Degree at Tulane during the early 2000’s. In 2020, he took part in an online interview with Tulane Alumni to discuss his career. Jeselnik went on to make roast appearances for the following celebrities: Roseanne Barr, Charlie Sheen, and Donald Trump.
Bryan Batt (TV Actor)
- Profile: Screen Actor Remembered for Hit Shows like “Mad Men” and “Scream.”
- Connection: The NOLA native graduated from Tulane in the 1980’s with an Arts & Science Degree. In 2018, he participated in an interview with Tulane News to discuss his early life and Louisiana as well as his career in show business.
Doug Ellin (TV Show Creator)
- Profile: Creator of “Entourage” from HBO Network
- Connection: Ellin received his Fine Arts Degree from Tulane University during the early 1990’s. In 2011, he conducted a Question/Answer session with the New Orleans school’s entertainment students. Four years later, Ellin sported his Tulane Green apparel during his appearance at the Golden Globes.
David Filo (Entrepreneur)
- Profile: Businessman Best Known for Co-Creating “Yahoo!”
- Connection: Filo earned his Bachelor’s in Computer Engineering from Tulane during the late 1980’s. About 15 years after graduation, the executive provided a $30 million donation to the school’s computer science/engineering programs.