Which Cities Are the Leading Candidates to Host the 2026 NBA All-Star Weekend? Which Teams Have Placed Bids for 2026 NBA ASG?
Today, we will discuss the potential hosts and cities for the 2026 NBA All-Star Game. Without any delay, let’s dive right in!
2026 NBA All-Star Game Host Candidates
As the NBA community anticipates the next three All-Star Games, it’s worth looking ahead to 2026. However, before we do so, let’s focus on the exciting upcoming and recent NBA All-Star Weekends leading up to it.
- 2023: Salt Lake City, Utah, was the home of the 2023 game. Utah hosted the event for the first time since 1993.
- 2024: The next NBA All-Star Game will happen in Indianapolis, Indiana. The city will host the event for the first time since 1985. Originally, Indiana was slated to host the 2021 game. However, the town was given the 2024 All-Star Weekend as compensation for the original game being canceled due to the global health crisis.
- 2026: San Francisco, California, will be the site of that year’s All-Star festivities. The Warriors will be the hosts for the first time since 2000 in Oakland.
Let’s bring up which cities would be eligible for the 2026 game. Even though it’s approximately two years from now, it’s never too early to discuss the candidates for the new event. Some cities have already expressed interest in 2026 and the coming years! For the 2026 NBA All-Star Game Host Candidates, please refer to the information below:
2026 NBA All-Star Game Host Candidates:
Boston, Massachusetts (TD Garden)
- Via TNT NBA Insider Chris Haynes, the Boston Celtics have filed a bid for the 2026 NBA All-Star Game. In fact, City Mayor Michelle Wu and Massachusetts Governor Maura Healy reportedly gave the plan their blessing. Since its opening in 1995, TD Garden saw the basketball club win the 2008 NBA title and the hockey team claim the 2011 Stanley Cup. In recent years, the Boston arena was the home for the 2022 NBA Finals (Celtics vs. Warriors) and the 2019 Stanley Cup Finals (Bruins vs. Blues). If the Celtics get the 2026 game, TD Garden will host the event for the first time since its opening. The NHL All-Star Game was held in the current arena in 1996, but the NBA mid-season classic has never taken place there. The last time Boston hosted any All-Star Game was in 1999 when the MLB’s mid-summer classic was held at Fenway Park.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin (Fiserv Forum)
- According to ESPN NBA Insider Adrian Wojnarowski, the Wisconsin franchise has placed a bid for the 2026 mid-season event. Team President Peter Feigin stated that the Bucks have contacted the league about the All-Star Weekend since the early 2020s. Milwaukee is playing its sixth season at its new home at Fiserv Forum. Before the venue’s opening, the Bucks spent the previous thirty years playing home games at Bradley Center. The city of Milwaukee is looking for its first NBA All-Star Weekend since 1977 when it was played at Milwaukee Arena.
Phoenix, Arizona (Footprint Center)
- Per a report from the Arizona Republic’s Duane Rankin, the Phoenix Suns are submitting their bid to host the 2026 All-Star Game. In addition, the city council expressed support for the club’s efforts to host a future mid-season classic. Footprint Center, formerly Talking Stick Resort Arena, recently underwent a multi-year renovation. The improvements include new concourses and food concessions. The Suns played in the 2021 NBA Finals (lost vs. Bucks), so the recent fan support would be a good case for the mid-season classic to return to Arizona. Should Phoenix be awarded the 2026 game, it will mark the city’s first time hosting the event since 2009. Additionally, this would be the third time that Phoenix has hosted the NBA All-Star event since the opening of its current arena in the 1990s.
Possibly in the Mix
Orlando, Florida (Amway Center)
- 2026 might be a long shot for the Magic, but the team still wants to host another All-Star Weekend in the future. The Central Florida city is currently focusing on bidding for the 2027 midseason event via Spectrum News 13. The city could not host the event during the early 2020s due to significant downtown conventions. Orlando has hosted the game twice: in 1992 at Amway Arena and 2012 at the Amway Center. Recently, Orlando was the home of the NBA’s Restart in 2020 (ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Lake Buena Vista). In addition, the complex hosted the MLS is Back Tournament in Summer 2020.
Los Angeles, California (Crypto.com Arena)
- Via the Sporting Tribune’s Arash Markazi, the Lakers are interested in bidding for the All-Star Game as soon as the stadium renovations are completed in 2024. Crypto.com Arena will receive updated suites, a remodeled sports bar, LED lights, and an extended outdoor plaza. Los Angeles initially aimed for the 2025 event, but that honor was given to San Francisco. The formerly-named Staples Center has hosted the mid-season classic thrice since its opening in 1999. If the Lakers receive the 2026 hosting gig, the franchise will host the event for the first time since 2018.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (Wells Fargo Center)
- According to Jabari Young of CNBC, the 76ers plan to bid for the 2026 event to celebrate America’s 250th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence from Great Britain. In fact, the stadium’s owners and city officials will collaborate with the basketball franchise to secure a future All-Star Weekend. Interestingly, the Phillies will become the hosts for that year’s mid-summer classic at Citizens Bank Park. If the 76ers win the 2026 game, Wells Fargo Center will showcase the league’s biggest stars for the first time since 2002.
Thank you for reading the 2026 NBA All-Star Game Host Candidates! We hope this article helped! Please feel free to bookmark Sports-Teller.com for daily updates! You can also share and follow Sports Teller on your favorite social media platforms!