Which Cities Could Host the 2025 MLB All-Star Game? Which Ballpark is Likely to Host the 2025 Game? Who is the leading Candidate?
Let’s discuss the possible host candidates for the 2025 MLB All-Star Game. However, before we delve into that, we will look at the upcoming All-Star Games for Major League Baseball.
2025 MLB All-Star Game Host Candidates
Now that the MLB community knows the next couple of All-Star Games, now is the time to look forward to 2025!
2022: The 2022 MLB All-Star Game occurred at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, California. This was the first time the summer event was held at Dodger Stadium since 1980. The Dodgers were initially selected to host the 2020 game, but it had to be canceled due to the global health crisis.
2023: The 2023 MLB All-Star Game will happen at T-Mobile Park in Seattle, Washington. This will be the third time the game is hosted in the Emerald City and the second time at T-Mobile Park (the first being in 2001 when it was known as Safeco Field). It is worth noting that Seattle will be the first American League team to host the Mid-Summer Classic since Cleveland in 2019.
2024: The 2024 All-Star Game will be played at Globe Life Field in Arlington, Texas. The Rangers will host the event for the first time since 1995 when their former stadium was called The Ballpark in Arlington. Also, the Midsummer Classic will occur in the Lonestar State for the first time since 2004 in Houston.
2026: Philadelphia will host the 2026 All-Star Game at Citizens Bank Park to celebrate America’s 250th Anniversary of the Declaration of Independence. This is the first time since 1996 that the Phillies will host the game, which was previously held at Veterans Stadium.
Let’s discuss which cities would be eligible for the 2025 game. Even though it’s approximately two years from now, it’s always early enough to discuss the candidates for the future event. Some cities have already placed bids for the forthcoming game! For the official list of cities interested, please refer to the information below:
2025 MLB All-Star Game Host Candidates:
Possibly in the Mix for the 2025 Mid-Summer Classic
Toronto, Ontario (Rogers Centre)
- According to Bob Nightingale (USA Today), Rogers Centre is currently in the running to host a future Midsummer Classic. The retractable-roof ballpark will be renovated between 2022 and 2024 and will include outfield social areas and newer player facilities. If Toronto does earn the hosting gig in 2025, then the Blue Jays would host the All-Star Game for the first time since 1991, when the ballpark was known as the SkyDome. Over the past ten years, the city has hosted many exciting sporting events. An example of a major event in Toronto was the 2019 NBA Finals, which resulted in the Raptors winning their first championship in franchise history. Also, the Maple Leafs won their first playoff series in nearly 20 years when they beat the Lightning in the 2023 quarterfinals.
Baltimore, Maryland (Camden Yards)
- According to Jacob Steinberg (Pressbox.com), Baltimore Mayer Brandon Scott has expressed interest in the Orioles hosting a future All-Star Game. According to Scott, the Mid-Summer Classic at Camden Yards will be unique because Home Run Derby balls may land on the Right Field Warehouse Building. If the Orioles are chosen to host the 2025 MLB All-Star Game, it will be the first time since 1992. Charm City has hosted several major sporting events since 2010, including the Ravens winning the Super Bowl in early 2013 and the O’s making it to the playoffs three times (including the 2014 American League Championship Series).
Bronx, New York (New Yankee Stadium)
- Baseball fans have enjoyed games at the New Yankee Stadium since its opening in 2009, marking the year the Yankees won a World Championship. The Yankees last hosted the Mid-Summer Classic in 2008 at the old Yankee Stadium, which was their home from 1923-2008. If the New Yankee Stadium is selected to host the 2025 MLB All-Star Game, it will be the first time the summer event would come to their current home. The venue has hosted numerous sporting events over the years, including one World Series, six American League Championship Series, and eleven playoff appearances. Also, the New York City FC of Major League Soccer calls the New Yankee Stadium their home.
Front-Runners to Host 2025 MLB All-Star Game
Atlanta, Georgia (Truist Park)
- Truist Park is a relatively new stadium in America that has yet to host the Midsummer Classic. The Braves were supposed to host the 2021 game, but it was moved to Denver because of a voting rights restrictions bill in Georgia. If Atlanta is chosen to host the 2025 MLB All-Star Game, it will be the first time since 2000 when it was held at Turner Field. In recent years, the Braves have made it further into the postseason. For example, the 2021 World Series was held at Truist Park, where the Braves triumphed in six games. Additionally, Atlanta made it to the 2020 National League Championship Series.
Boston, Massachusetts (Fenway Park)
- According to Justin Leger (Yahoo Sports), Red Sox Team President Sam Kennedy expressed interest in bringing a future All-Star Game to Fenway Park. Kennedy said the club has spoken with the MLB about the possibility of hosting. If Boston lands the 2025 game, the city will host the Midsummer Classic for the first time since 1999. In fact, the New England city will be hosting an annual college football game called the Fenway Bowl that began in 2022. Since the last time the Red Sox hosted an All-Star Game, the team has won four World Series championships (2004, 2007, 2013, 2018).
Chicago, Illinois (Wrigley Field)
- According to the Chicago Tribune, the Cubs hoped the league would award them the game as soon as renovations were complete. Wrigley Field recently underwent a multi-year renovation, including new video boards, concourses, and locker rooms. If the Cubs get the 2025 game, they will host the event for the first time since 1990. In fact, the Mid-Summer Classic would come to the Windy City for the first time since 2003 at U.S. Cellular Field. Also, Chicago hosted the 2017 MLS All-Star Game and the NHL Draft in the same year.
Thank you for reading the 2025 MLB All-Star Game Host Candidates! We hope this article helped! Please feel free to bookmark Sports-Teller.com for daily updates! You can also share and follow Sports Teller on your favorite social media platforms!