2024 MLB All-Star Game Host Candidates! Which Cities Could Host the 2024 MLB All-Star Game? Which Ballpark is Likely to Host the 2024 Game?
Hello Everyone! Welcome to Sports Teller! Today, we will be going over the 2024 MLB All-Star Game Host Candidates! Before we can get into 2024, we must showcase the upcoming All-Star Games for Major League Baseball! Without further adieu, let’s begin!
2024 MLB All Star Game Host Candidates
Now that the MLB community knows the next three All-Star Games, now is the time to look forward to 2024!
2022: The 2022 MLB All Star Game took place at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, California. The Mid Summer Classic occurred at Dodger Stadium for the first time since 1980. The Dodgers were originally awarded the 2020 game, but that mid-season event was cancelled due to the global health crisis.
2023: The 2023 Mid-Summer Classic will happen at T-Mobile Park in Seattle, Washington. The MLB All-Star Game will be heading to the Emerald City for only the third time and second at T-Mobile Park (1st since 2001 as Safeco Field). Seattle will become the first American League team to host the Mid-Summer Classic since Cleveland in 2019.
2026: To celebrate America’s 250th Anniversary of the Declaration of Independence, the city of Philadelphia will host the 2026 All-Star Game at Citizens Bank Park. The Phillies will host the game for the first time since 1996 when they played at Veterans Stadium.
Now, let’s talk about which cities would be eligible for the 2024 game. Even though it’s approximately three years from now, it’s never too early to discuss the candidates for the future event. Some cities have already placed bids for the 2024 game! For the 2024 MLB All-Star Game Host Candidates, please refer to the information below:
2024 MLB All-Star Game Host Candidates:
Possibly in the Mix for the 2024 Mid Summer Classic
Baltimore, Maryland (Camden Yards)
- According to Jacob Steinberg (Pressbox.com), Baltimore Mayer Brandon Scott has expressed interest in the Orioles hosting a future All-Star Game. Scott said that the Mid-Summer Classic would be unique at Camden Yards due to Home Run Derby balls potentially landing on the Right Field Warehouse Building. If the Orioles end up getting the 2024 MLB All-Star Game, then the team would be hosting the event for the first time since 1992. Since 2010, Baltimore has witnessed some major sporting events. During the 2012 season, the Ravens won the Super Bowl when they defeated the San Francisco 49ers in New Orleans. Also, the Orioles reached the playoffs three times since 2010 (including the 2014 American League Championship Series).
Bronx, New York (New Yankee Stadium)
- The New Yankee Stadium opened its doors to baseball fans in 2009 and the Yankees won a World Championship that same year. The last time the Yankees hosted the Mid-summer Classic was in 2008 when the team was playing its final season at the Old Yankee Stadium (1923-2008). If the New Yankee Stadium gets the 2024 MLB All-Star Game, then the Mid-Summer Classic would take place at the Yankees’ current home for the first time ever. The New Yankee Stadium has hosted multiple sporting events as it hosted one World Series, five American League Championship Series, and eight playoff appearances The venue is also the home of Major League Soccer’s New York City FC.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin (American Family Field)
- Since Hank Aaron played for the then-Milwaukee Braves before the team relocated to Atlanta in the 1960’s, placing an All-Star Game in Milwaukee would be a great way to honor Aaron’s baseball legacy. If Milwaukee does earn the hosting gig in 2024, then the Brewers would host the Mid Summer Classic for the first time since 2002 when the ballpark was known as Miller Park. In fact, having a future All Star Game would add on to Wisconsin’s recent legacy of hosting major sporting events. In 2019, the Bucks of the NBA hosted the Eastern Conference Finals at Fiserv Forum. Also, Lambeau Field (home of the Green Bay Packers) hosted the NFC Championship Game in early 2021.
Front-Runners to Host 2024 MLB All Star Game
Boston, Massachusetts (Fenway Park)
- According to Justin Leger (Yahoo Sports), Red Sox Team President Sam Kennedy expressed interest in bringing a future All-Star Game to Fenway Park. Kennedy said that the club has spoken with the MLB about the hosting possibility. If Boston lands the 2024 game, then the city will host the Midsummer Classic for the first time since 1999. In fact, Fenway Park will be hosting an annual college football bowl game called the Fenway Bowl starting in 2021. Since the last time the Red Sox hosted an All-Star Game, the team went on to win four World Series championships (2004, 2007, 2013, 2018).
Chicago, Illinois (Wrigley Field)
- According to the Chicago Tribune, the Cubs are hoping that the league awards them the game as soon as renovations complete. Wrigley Field is currently undergoing a multi-year renovation that includes new video boards and new concourses and locker rooms. If the Cubs do get the 2024 game, then they will host the event for the first time since 1990. In fact, the Mid-Summer Classic would come to Chicago for the first time since 2003 at U.S. Cellular Field. Chicago recently hosted the 2017 MLS All-Star Game as well as the NHL Draft in the same year.
Thanks for reading the 2024 MLB All-Star Game Host Candidates post courtesy of Sports Teller! Please feel free to look at the other posts that cover various sports to choose from on sports-teller.com! If you like this post, please feel free to subscribe to the Sports Teller website for daily/weekly post updates! You can also follow Sports Teller on Twitter and Facebook! Please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for videos about the up-to-date sports news! Sports Teller-Tell it Like it is!