2023 MLS All-Star Game Host Candidates! Which Cities Could Host the 2023 MLS All-Star Game? Which Venue is Likely to Host the 2023 Game?
Hello Everyone! Welcome to Sports Teller! Today, we will be going over the 2023 MLS All-Star Game Host Candidates! Before we can get into 2023, we must showcase the recent/upcoming All-Star Games for Major League Soccer! Without further adieu, let’s begin!
2023 MLS All-Star Game Host Candidates
Now that the MLS Soccer community knows the recent/future All-Star Games, now is the time to look forward to 2023!
2022: The 2022 MLS All Star Game will take place at Allianz Field in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The Mid Summer Classic will be at the Midwest for the first time since 2017 in Chicago, Illinois. The Minnesota United FC joined the MLS in 2017 and relocated to Allianz Field in time for the 2019 campaign.
2021: The 2021 Mid-Summer Classic took place at Banc of California Stadium in Los Angeles, California. The Golden State got to host the event for the first time since 2016 in San Jose. Los Angeles FC made their MLS debut in 2018.
2019: The 2019 MLS All-Star Game occurred at Exploria Stadium in Orlando, Florida. The Sunshine State hosted the event for the first time since 1998 at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando. The team, Orlando City FC, joined the MLS in 2017.
Now, let’s talk about which cities would be eligible for the 2023 game. Even though it’s approximately a couple years from now, it’s never too early to discuss the candidates for the future event. Some cities have already placed bids for the 2023 game! For the 2023 MLS All-Star Game Host Candidates, please refer to the information below:
2023 MLS All-Star Game Host Candidates:
Possibly in the Mix for the 2023 Mid Summer Classic
Cincinnati, Ohio (TQL Stadium)
- Cincinnati FC’s soccer venue, TQL Stadium, opened its doors in 2021. In fact, Cincinnati has hosted recent major sporting events like the 2015 MLB All-Star Game and the 2020 AAC Championship Game (Bearcats vs. Tulsa). If Cincinnati lands the 2023 game, then the state of Ohio would host the Midsummer Classic for the first time since 2005 in Columbus.
Austin, Texas (Q2 Stadium)
- Austin FC’s soccer stadium, Q2 Stadium, opened to the public in 2021. The city of Austin is a major sports city since it’s the home of the Texas Longhorns along with AHL’s Austin Stars and NBA G-League’s Austin Spurs. If the Austin FC end up getting the 2023 MLS All-Star Game, then they would become the first Texas team to host the event since Houston Dynamo in 2010.
Sandy, Utah (Rio Tinto Stadium)
- Real Salt Lake’s soccer venue, Rio Tinto Stadium, opened its doors in 2021. In fact, the state of Utah will be hosting the 2023 NBA All-Star Game. If Utah lands the 2023 game, then the state would host the Midsummer Classic for the first time since 2009.
Frisco, Texas (Toyota Stadium)
- Dallas FC’s soccer stadium, Toyota Stadium, opened to the public in 2005. The Dallas/Forth Worth has hosted many sporting events in the past, like the 2020 World Series (Dodgers vs. Rays) and the 2015 National Championship Game (Ohio State vs. Oregon). If the Dallas FC end up getting the 2023 MLS All-Star Game, then they would become the first Texas team to host the event since Houston Dynamo in 2010.
Columbus, Ohio (Lower.com Field)
- Columbus Crew’s soccer venue, Lower.com Field, opened its doors in 2021. In fact, the capital city of Ohio has hosted recent major sporting events like the Columbus Crew winning the 2020 MLS Cup. If C-Bus lands the 2023 game, then the city would host the Midsummer Classic for the first time since 2005.
Front-Runners to Host 2023 MLS All Star Game
Washington D.C. (Audi Field)
- D.C. United’s soccer stadium, Audi Field, made its MLS debut in 2018. In fact, the nation’s capital has witnessed its teams winning championships (like the Nationals winning the 2019 World Series and the Capitals winning the 2018 Stanley Cup). If Audi Field receives the 2023 MLS All-Star Game, then Washington D.C. would host the Mid-Season Event for the first time since 2002.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida (DRV PNK Stadium)
- Inter Miami CF’s soccer venue, DRV Stadium, opened to the public in 2020. South Florida has been hosting other major sporting events like a future NHL All-Star Game in Sunrise and the 2017 MLB All-Star Game in Miami. If the Inter Miami CF do get the 2023 game, then they would become the first Florida team to host the event since Orlando City FC in 2019.
Thanks for reading the 2023 MLS All-Star Game Host Candidates post courtesy of Sports Teller! Please feel free to look at the other posts that cover various sports to choose from on sports-teller.com! If you like this post, please feel free to subscribe to the Sports Teller website for daily/weekly post updates! You can also follow Sports Teller on Twitter and Facebook! Please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for videos about the up-to-date sports news! Sports Teller-Tell it Like it is!