With Bob Melvin Gone, Who Will be the Next Manager for the Athletics in 2022? Who are the Favorites to Manage the Athletics in 2022?
Hello Everyone! Welcome to Sports Teller! Today, we will be going over the latest news involving 2021 Athletics Managerial Search: List of Candidates! Before we reveal who those top candidates are, we must go over the full story regarding Bob Melvin’s departure. Follow Sports Teller on Facebook (@sportsteller) and Twitter (@Sports_Teller) for coach firings as well as playoff picks and up-to-date news! Also, you can watch our videos on the Sports Teller Channel on YouTube! Without further adieu, let’s begin!
2021 Athletics Managerial Search: List of Candidates
Full Story on Bob Melvin Stepping Down as Oakland Athletics Manager
With Bob Melvin gone, now is the time for the Oakland Athletics to make a list of top candidates. In fact, the recognizable applicants could be qualified to become the team’s new manager for the 2022 Season. Melvin resigned as A’s manager after eleven seasons and an 853-764 record. He will become the new manager for the San Diego Padres, replacing Jayce Tingler. Melvin will be collaborating with some of the best players in the league like Fernando Tatis Jr, Manny Machado, Wil Myers, and Eric Hosmer. In addition, he will guide the starting rotation consisting of Yu Darvish, Blake Snell, and Joe Musgrove.
Bob Melvin’s Career with the Athletics
Melvin led the A’s to six playoff appearances. He won the AL Manager of the year with Oakland twice: 2012 and 2018. Bob Melvin has compiled a 7-13 record in the postseason. However, the Athletics have not won a playoff series since the 2006 ALDS. Before coming to Oakland in 2011, Melvin was the manager for the Seattle Mariners (2003-2004) and Arizona Diamondbacks (2005-2009). He led the Dbacks to the 2007 NLCS, but lost to the Colorado Rockies in a four-game sweep.
What’s Next for the Oakland Athletics?
Now, many A’s fans might be wondering: Who is the leading candidate to replace Bob Melvin in 2022? The top candidates listed in this article have prior coaching experience. In addition, those candidates have been on the coaching staff for at least five years. For the list of top candidates to replace Bob Melvin as Oakland Athletics Head Coach, please refer to the information below!
Possible Candidates to Replace Bob Melvin as Athletics Manager
NOTE: HC=Head Coach, AC-Assistant Coach
- A’s Bench Coach (2018-Present)
Top Managerial Candidates for Oakland to Consider
- Marlins 3B Coach (2010-2013)
- Yankees Assistant GM (2014)
- Yankees 3B Coach (2015-2017)
- Astros Bench Coach (2018-Present)
- Guided Houston to 2019 World Series Appearance
- Memphis Redbirds Manager (2015-2016)
- Cardinals Coach (2017-2018)
- Cardinals Manager (2018-Present)
- Led St. Louis to 2019 NLCS
Buck Showalter-MLB Network Analyst
- Yankees Manager (1992-1995)
- Dbacks Manager (1998-2000)
- Rangers Manager (2003-2006)
- Orioles Manager (2010-2018)
- Showalter previously managed Manny Machado during the Orioles years.
- Athletics 3B Coach (1997-2006)
- Rangers Manager (2007-2014)
- Athletics 3B Coach (2015-2016)
- Braves 3B Coach (2017-Present)
- Led Texas to two World Series Appearances (2010 and 2011)
Leading Candidate to Replace Bob Melvin as Athletics Manager
- Dodgers Coach (1997-1998)
- Angels Manager (2000-2018)
- Led Halos to 2002 World Series Championship
Thanks for reading the 2021 Athletics Managerial Search: List of Candidates courtesy of Sports Teller! Please feel free to look at the other posts that cover various sports to choose from on sports-teller.com! If you like this post, please feel free to subscribe to the Sports Teller website for daily/weekly post updates! You can also follow Sports Teller on Twitter and Facebook! Please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for videos about the up-to-date sports news! Sports Teller-Tell it Like it