Which of the 10 Celebrities Actually Root for LSU Tigers? Which Celebrities Watch LSU Football Every Fall? Celebrities that Root for LSU!
Hello Everyone! Welcome to Sports Teller! Today, we will be going over the 10 Famous Celebrities that Root for LSU Tigers! In fact, we will be showcasing each famous person’s connection with the school itself. Without further adieu, let’s begin!
10 Famous Celebrities that Root for LSU Tigers
Why do Celebrities Support the LSU Football Team?
The Louisiana State University (LSU) Tigers are one of the most popular college teams in America. In its program history, the men in yellow and purple have won four national championships (1958, 2003, 2007, 2019). Since the 21st century, the Tigers won five SEC Conference championships. LSU recently reached the SEC Title Game in 2022, where they lost to the eventual national champion Georgia Bulldogs.
Another thing to point out is that Louisiana State has two Heisman Trophy winners all-time: HB Billy Cannon (1959) and QB Joe Burrow (2019). Now, many people are wondering: Which celebrities and famous persons are a part of the LSU Football Nation? For the List of Celebrities that Root for LSU Tigers, please refer to the information below!
Alex Bregman (Baseball)
- Profile: Third Baseman for Houston Astros (2016-Present)
- Connection: The 2-Time World Series champion spent three seasons with the men in yellow and purple (2013-2015). Bregman guided Louisiana State to two College World Series appearances in 2013 and 2015. For his tenure in Baton Rouge, he batted 0.337 with 21 home runs and 148 runs batted in.
Aaron Nola (Baseball)
- Profile: Starting Pitcher for the Philadelphia Phillies (2015-Present)
- Connection: The 2022 National League champion played three seasons with the LSU program (2012-2014). In fact, Nola led the Tigers to two SEC Conference titles and a 2013 College World Series berth. For his collegiate career, he compiled a 30-6 record with 2.39 earned run average and 344 strikeouts.
DJ LeMahieu (Baseball)
- Profile: Infielder for Cubs, Rockies, and Yankees (2011-Present)
- Connection: The 3-Time All-Star spent only two seasons with Louisiana State baseball (2008-2009). During his time in Baton Rouge, LeMahieu guided LSU to two College World Series appearances and two SEC championships. In a Tigers uniform, he batted 0.344 with 11 home runs and 87 runs batted in.
Shaquille O’Neal (Basketball)
- Profile: Center for Magic, Lakers, Heat, Suns, Cavaliers & Celtics (1992-2011)
- Connection: The 4-Time NBA champion spent three seasons with the men in purple and yellow (1989-1992). In addition, Shaq led the Tigers to three NCAA Tournament appearances. However, LSU experienced early playoff exits from the tournament in each of those three trips. For her collegiate career, O’Neal scored 21.6 points per game along with 13.5 rebounds per game and 4.6 blocks per game.
Joe Burrow (Football)
- Profile: QB for the Cincinnati Bengals (2020-Present)
- Connection: The 2021 AFC champion came to Louisiana State in 2018 after transferring from Ohio State. The 2019 season turned out to be a big one for Burrow as he won the Heisman Trophy and a National Championship. For his two seasons in Baton Rouge, he threw 8.565 passing yards and scored 76 touchdowns.
Sylvia Fowles (Basketball)
- Profile: Center for Chicago Sky and Minnesota Lynx (2008-2022)
- Connection: The 2-Time WNBA champion spent four seasons with the Tigers women’s basketball program (2004-2008). In addition, Fowles guided Louisiana State to 4 Final Four appearances as well as three SEC regular season titles. For her collegiate career, she scored 15.5 points per game along with 10.9 rebounds per game and 2.2 blocks per game.
Celebrities (Movies, Music, Books, Shows)
Bill Conti (Film Composer)
- Profile: Movie Composer for “The Karate Kid-Series” and “Rocky-Series.”
- Connection: Conti graduated from Louisiana State University with a music degree during the mid-1960’s. In addition, the composer gave his original film score documents to the school’s library (via special collections). In recent years, Conti performed some of his top hits with the LSU Orchestra.
Greg Tarzan Davis (Actor)
- Profile: Screen Actor Best Known for “Top Gun: Maverick” and “Grey’s Anatomy.”
- Connection: The New Orleans native graduated from the Baton Rouge-based college with a Bachelor’s Degree in Teaching during the mid-2010’s. Davis’ first intentions were to teach elementary education, but decided to pursue acting in the late stages of his college tenure. He even recalled his time hanging out with another LSU alumni, NFL WR Odell Beckham Jr.
Shelley Regner (Actress)
- Profile: Film Actress Remembered for “Pitch Perfect-Series.”
- Connection: The Baton Rouge product received her Bachelor’s Degree in Theater during the early 2010’s. In her 2017 interview with LSU Media Center, she revealed that her sister and father also graduated from Louisiana State. Other than drama classes, Regner also enjoyed learning about humanities.
Eddie Jemison (Actor)
- Profile: Screen Actor with Notable Works like “Ocean’s Film Series” and ABC’s “The Punisher”.
- Connection: The New Orleans local earned his college degree from LSU during the mid-1980’s. One of his biggest contributions to the school was being a member of the Delta Chi fraternity.